3DogArt Blog


Joyful Stories ~ Wagging Tails ~ Doggie Wisdom

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ASK Ruby

Dear Ruby,

My new dog, Prince Jack, has a fear of my 8 year old parrot, Cracker . Prince Jack is a Portuguese Water Dog, you know, like the President’s family dog. I read so many good things about these dogs but nothing about being afraid of parrots. Jack barks at the parrot everytime Cracker does the wolf whistle. What can I do? The parrot now imitates the barking. The noise is unbearable. Please give me some peace.
Helen Witherspoon


Dear Helen,

Our President doesn’t have a parrot. Did you consider that? I have a human friend, Susan, with a parrot and four dogs. She gives her parrot treats when the dogs are in the room with the parrot and gives the dogs treats for leaving the parrot area. You see Helen, dogs have an excellent sense of smell, fairly good eyesight and sensitive hearing. Perhaps Prince Jack doesn’t fancy Cracker’s joyful imitations either.

Do you have a back bedroom where the bird can practice his imitations and sounds and keep the door open but put a gate in front so the dog won’t go in and disturb the bird? It may help restore a peaceful kingdom at Helen’s house. Good luck and let me know if the bird and dog make peace. Try the treat thing that Susan used.

Good Luck, Ruby

No comments: