3DogArt Blog


Joyful Stories ~ Wagging Tails ~ Doggie Wisdom

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Poetry Corner

Ruby the Dog, the Author of ASK Ruby is pretty excited about the Poetry Corner and submitted a poem in all three categories. Check out the rules for the Poetry Contest in the Poetry Corner. She is a dog artist advocate. Please encourage all family members (grandma/grandpa, mom and dad and all the kids) to submit a poem. GOOD NEWS! We have included a category for dogs to enter their poems too. Ruby believes there is a great poem waiting to be heard from many sensitive and arty dogs. “It is soothing to my soul to write poetry ”said Ruby when interviewed by Pierre, a Boxer Journalist who hangs out at Starbucks.

“Hope you get some ideas from these poems”. Love Ruby

There are three categories for poems: Funniest, Most Original, Made me Cry Sentimental Poem.

Here is my Sentimental Poem. Hope it makes you cry-in a good way.


I LOVE MY MOM by Ruby

By the time I get to the door
the car with my mom is here.
I can see her.

My chewed paper all over the floor.
I can feel her smile thru the door.
I can smell her.

She laughs at the paper haha
Kisses my nose, pat, pat, pat
I can love her…

Forever.


Here is my funniest

SQUIRRELS by Ruby

Run out the door
there’s a squirrel in the tree.
He jumped on the fence,
He’s teasing me.

Don’t drop nuts
on my head today.
I’m going to bark
Til you go away!


Here is my most original

CATS, I LIKE THEM by Ruby

Cats, I like them!
Furry, purry, jumpers & runners.
But cats don’t like me!

Half Cat, he likes me
Big cat, boy cat, Zen cat
Classy, smart, furry…
Smells like tuna!

No comments: